Saturday, April 15, 2017

Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness


Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness
Text by Nicolaus L. von Zinzendorf
Translated by Frank P. Nickel, 1992

Jesus, thy blood and righteousness
my confidence and glorious dress,
my password through the pearly gate
and to the joys that there await.
The innocent, all holy Lamb
impaled upon the cross of shame,
the Christ, my Lord, who saved my soul,
Him I confess; He made me whole!

Agreed that Jesus’ blood by far
excels all earthly goods there are;
in heaven settled, so it stands,
and satisfies the low’s demands.
With firm determination now,
while in this evil world below,
I shall confess the precious Blood
which purchased all of us for good.

O blessed Christ, the undefiled,
yet born on earth, a human child
to pay redemption’s price for me
and all on earth, may be set free.
Lord Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son
eternally of the Three-In-One,
the glorious King, let mercy flow
on all who choose to humbly bow!




Photo Credit: Deposit Photos #146445611, Standard License

No comments:

Post a Comment