Friday, May 26, 2017

Now That I Know (I Am Saved)



Behold the manner of God’s love
that I, through Jesus’ blood,
transformed from fallen, sinful state,
am now the child of God.
Deserving well His holy wrath 
for sins which I had done,
should share His love and fellowship
by faith in Christ, His Son.

Chorus
Now that I know that I am saved, how sweet my rest!
With perfect peace and lasting joy, I now am blest.
My heart can sing because a melody divine
now thrills my soul—let praises roll, for Christ is mine!

Behold the manner of God’s love:
I now am free to reign,
while once I suffered as a slave
in Satan’s vast domain.
I once was lost, but now am found;
was blind, but now I see.
The light of heavenly love has dawned.
Oh, praise the Lord, I’m free!

Chorus
If you don’t know that you are saved, how can you rest?
With perfect peace and lasting joy, you may be blest.
Believe His Word, accept His promise, ever true.
Let Jesus in, He’ll cleanse from sin, He died for you!

fpn / 1964

Published in Contemporary Psalms, p. 5
Set to music in Sing and Give Thanks as song #5.
Contact Joyce for a copy.


Photo: depositphotos.com #139728736, standard license

No comments:

Post a Comment