Thursday, February 5, 2015

Since God...
























Since God controls each violent storm
and calms the troubled sea,
can I then not expect that He
will grant sweet peace to me?

Since God can paint the verdant hues
of meadows, flowers and trees,
cannot my life become for me
as beautiful as these?

Since God performs the miracle
of birth with such finesse,
would He discard the project
and refuse to longer bless?

Since God designs the snowflakes
with no two of them the same,
should I down-grade the handiwork
which bears my humble name?

Since God provides for elephants
and whales out in the sea,
would He go into bankruptcy
by answering my plea?

Since God knows when the sparrow falls
and clothes the lilies fair,
can I then not depend on Him
for needed clothes to wear?

Since God has given me His word
which shows His love and care,
what peace, that I may cast on Him
the burdens that I bear!

fpn/undated



Photo credit: Depositphotos 6459002, Standard license

No comments:

Post a Comment