Sunday, July 23, 2017

From the Archives

originally posted Jan. 28, 2014


Oh, Lord, I want a child-like faith
the kind you said to show
for entrance to that kingdom fair
and saving grace to know.

A faith that makes me small enough
to take with gratitude
just everything you’d like to send
to keep my hope renewed.

A faith, oh Lord, a childlike faith
which humbly will receive.
Yet, in the hour of greatest need,
is mighty to believe.

Oh, give me Lord, a childlike faith
which never minds the crowd
nor caters to this world of sin,
so arrogant and proud.

A faith that sees my blessed Lord
who died on Calvary
and as I find myself condemned
cries out, “Remember me.”

fpn / undated
This poem is set to music as #14 in "Sing and Give Thanks"
Contact Joyce if you would like a copy.









No comments:

Post a Comment