Saturday, September 9, 2017

In Time of Trial

My tears have been my food day and night, 
while people say to me all day long, 
"Where is your God?" Psalm 42:3


“Where is now thy God?”1
Why must there be this test,
when I have really tried
to give my very best?

Oh, God, I do not ask
for myself, “Are you real?”
whenever things go wrong
or because of how I feel.

But there are those who taunt
as though I have no God,
while day and night I grieve
and tears fall on the sod.

Our Savior, too, was tried;
the ridicule was gross;
“If God will have you now,
come down from off the cross!”2

But little did they know
that only three short days
would change the entire scene,
resulting in God’s praise!

No, I will not despair,
though bleak and dark the hour;
by faith I’ll reach ahead
for resurrection power.

The testing of my faith
I know is not for long;
and as I learn to trust,
God fills my heart with song.

fpn/undated

1. Psalm 42:3
2. Matthew 27:42

Picture: Crucifixion - Jacopo Tintoretto, 1565, accessed online, September 4, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment