Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Issue of Sin


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9


Hypocritical Confession

"I have sinned."

These are possibly the hardest words for us to say, if we really mean them from our hearts. But too often, it may just be a glib expression from someone trying to make light of a misdeed. The difference is in how we feel about sin and how we define it.

Some think of sin as fun, while others look upon it as a great destroyer, which it really is. The prodigal son came back to his father humbly, and said, "I have sinned against heave and in thy sight." He recognized it as rebellion against God. But Judas also said, "I have sinned," and then went out and hanged himself. Had he told Jesus, "I have sinned," he could have been forgiven. But telling the priests did no good. They didn't care about his soul, or the fact that he had sinned against God.

Before we tell people, "I have sinned," we need to tell God, "I have sinned and I'm sorry."

FPN


* * * * * * 

To live above with saints we love
Will certainly be glory.
To live below with those we know
is quite another story! ~Anonymous

* * * * * * 





No comments:

Post a Comment