Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Accepting God's Word


Should I be groping in the dark
when light is offered me?
Should I be stumbling, when a path
is staked out carefully?
Is there more satisfaction
in a life without true faith?
Is there sincere rejoicing
in rejecting "what God saith"?

What shall I gain if I refuse
advice from honest men?
How can I hope to profit 
by rejecting what is clean?
Shall counsel of the mob that mocks
lead to a life that's free?
Shall scoffing at reality
bring me security?

There is a torch, there is a chart,
which I can recommend;
It offers hope to travelers
and safety to trail's end.
I'll stake my future on its claims, 
which worldlings call absurd;
I join with those who've checked it out,
it is God's written word.

FPN



Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment